ELIZABETH CITY, N.C. (WAVY) — Elizabeth City police say an inmate who escaped from the Pasquotank County Courthouse on Monday is back in custody.
Elizabeth City police tweeted that Khyree Banks escaped from the courthouse around 9:30 a.m. on Monday and that he was last seen wearing a green and white jumpsuit in the area of Harney Street and Elizabeth Street.
A little more than an hour later, police issued a follow-up tweet saying that Banks had been found and was back in custody.
WAVY News 10 reached out to police to find out what charges Banks is facing.
Stay with WAVY on air and online for updates.
- Bowling alleys ask judge to spare them from Pritzker’s Phase Four rules
- Suffolk announces reopening of the Cypress Park Pool
- Kitty Hawk Police looking for woman accused of stealing Walmart merchandise
- West Ocean View flyover to be demolished this month
- Ford unveils new Bronco, says website overwhelmed by ‘stampede of reservations’