CURRITUCK COUNTY, N.C. (WAVY) — Currituck County Sheriff’s Office arrested a man on Saturday in connection to an early morning Knott’s Island shooting.
Just before 1 a.m. on Sept. 19, deputies responded to the 100 block of West Blackfoot Road in reference to a shooting.
When they arrived on the scene, officials say deputies found a victim with multiple gunshot wounds. They later arrested Kyle Keement of Knott’s Island in connection to the shooting.
Keement was arrested on charges of assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill, possession of a firearm by a felon, and discharge of a firearm prohibited. He is being held at the Currituck Detention Center on bond.
There is no further information on the condition of the victim or the incident.
- Virginia getting 16% increase in vaccines from feds, new guidance on 1b, restrictions to stay through February
- Authorities search for woman who reportedly escaped from Virginia jail last year
- Kansas City woman using TikTok to rate Chiefs players’ swagger, fashion
- Innovation Meets Experience at Orthopaedic and Spine Center
- Here’s how Virginia’s vaccine rollout compares to the rest of the country