CBS17 in Raleigh hosted the special programming at 7 p.m. Tuesday on all Nexstar stations serving parts of North Carolina, including WAVY.
Congressional leaders from across North Carolina answered questions from citizens related to small business loans, unemployment, stimulus funds and the reopening of America.
U.S. Reps. David Price (D-NC 4), G.K. Butterfield (D-NC 1), Greg Murphy (R-NC 3), Richard Hudson (R-NC 8), Alma Adams (D-NC 3), and Ted Budd (R-NC 13) were among those who took part in “Coronavirus Response: Congressional Town Hall.” The answered questions about the response to the pandemic.
“Nexstar is proud to harness the combined resources of our broadcast operations serving North Carolina’s local communities to bring together many of the state’s federal legislative leaders, connecting them live with more than ten million viewers across the state. We are grateful to those members of the U.S. House of Representatives for participating and for allowing Nexstar to serve as the host of this important event,” said Tim Busch, President of Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc.
Follow and contribute to the conversation on social media using #NCCOVID19
- ViBe Creative District runs Story Exchange Virtual Series during pandemic
- House approves changes to how businesses can spend PPP loans
- US Sen. Tim Kaine tests positive for COVID-19 antibodies; health experts say continue to take precautions
- African American blood donors urgently needed
- New deep-water commercial anchorage area approved by USCG near Cape Charles