PASQUOTANK COUNTY, N.C. (WAVY) – A nursing home facility in Pasquotank County has reported 12 deaths from COVID-19.
The Elizabeth City Health and Rehab Center currently has 50 residents and 21 staff members that have tested positive for the coronavirus.
Pasquotank County health officials said at the facility 49 residents have recovered from the respiratory virus.
On May 2, Albemarle Regional Health Services announced it was going to help the long-term care facility with its outbreak.
Click here to read the full statement.
Some of the preventive measures the facility is implementing include the use of personal protective equipment, isolation precautions, and extra cleaning.
Pasquotank County has reported 13 COVID-19 related deaths and 112 positive cases.
- Portsmouth mayoral candidates continue to spread message across the city
- DOJ announces national police training center to help reduce excessive force
- Pink’s husband shares why he’s teaching his 3- and 9-year-old children to handle firearms
- How states are planning for coronavirus vaccine distribution
- Despite early voting, state law could see Election Day results delayed