NORTH CAROLINA (WAVY) — The Virginia Wing Civil Air Patrol is helping its fellow patrol members in North Carolina with relief distribution after Hurricane Isaias came through the state early last week.
The storm caused signficiant damage in areas, especially around Windsor in Bertie County, where an EF-3 tornado left two people dead.
The Virginia Wing sent six members to Windsor within 24 hours of getting a call late last week, with members coming from Newport News and Virginia Beach. The distribution centers provide food, water, cleaning supplies, masks and more.
The distribution centers are expected to continue through the week.
- Kaine suggest censure resolution against Trump
- Virginia has 9th highest number of new COVID-19 cases per capita, White House report shows
- Live: Biden to sign health care orders
- Blog: A Snowy Morning. Now Comes The Strong/Cold Wind!
- NC State shakes off Daniels injury, snap losing streak in win over Wake Forest