NORTH CAROLINA (WAVY) — The Virginia Wing Civil Air Patrol is helping its fellow patrol members in North Carolina with relief distribution after Hurricane Isaias came through the state early last week.
The storm caused signficiant damage in areas, especially around Windsor in Bertie County, where an EF-3 tornado left two people dead.
The Virginia Wing sent six members to Windsor within 24 hours of getting a call late last week, with members coming from Newport News and Virginia Beach. The distribution centers provide food, water, cleaning supplies, masks and more.
The distribution centers are expected to continue through the week.
- Poll: More than a third of Americans won’t even trust their doctor to tell them a COVID-19 vaccine is safe
- Fact check: A look at claims from Trump and Biden’s first debate
- ‘Would you shut up, man?’: Trump, Biden interrupt each other during chaotic debate
- Multiple Apple services reported down Tuesday
- Dolly Parton announces release date for Netflix Christmas movie