NORTH CAROLINA (WAVY) — The Virginia Wing Civil Air Patrol is helping its fellow patrol members in North Carolina with relief distribution after Hurricane Isaias came through the state early last week.
The storm caused signficiant damage in areas, especially around Windsor in Bertie County, where an EF-3 tornado left two people dead.
The Virginia Wing sent six members to Windsor within 24 hours of getting a call late last week, with members coming from Newport News and Virginia Beach. The distribution centers provide food, water, cleaning supplies, masks and more.
The distribution centers are expected to continue through the week.
- ‘Blackest Bus in America’ will stop in Richmond for Friday for national voter education, outreach campaign
- One person killed in car versus train crash in New Kent County
- Colonial Williamsburg mapping historic Black cemetery
- Man seriously injured in shooting near Shop ‘N Go in Norfolk
- Missouri family visiting Virginia Beach finds vacation rental booked through Airbnb wasn’t actually available