KILL DEVIL HILLS, N.C. (WAVY) — A bear has made its way to the Outer Banks.
Nags Head Woods Preserve posted on social media Wednesday saying a black bear had made its way from the mainland to the Outer Banks in Kill Devil Hills.
The NC Wildlife Resources Commission says people should leave the bear alone and do the following:
- Secure trash cans
- Do not leave pet or any other food outside
“Let’s all do our part to encourage our mainland visitor to return home where it can be safe,” the preserve posted.
- Former NC Gov. Pat McCrory announces Senate run
- Family finds $40K in home damage after Disney trip; kids responsible won’t face charges, police say
- Maserati crashes, wedges under freeway during police chase in California
- No charges yet in Minnesota police shooting of Daunte Wright as protests continue
- Blog: Sunshine Turns to Storms This Evening