OREGON INLET, N.C. (WAVY) — The Coast Guard station at Oregon Inlet received a report of two kayakers who were drifting toward the south shoal uncontrollably on Saturday afternoon.
The boat crew responded just after 3 p.m. near the inlet jetty light. The kayakers were unable to return to shore after being pulled away quickly by the current.
The Coast Guard responded immediately and were able to rescue both individuals and their kayaks.
- High tide causes flooding in Ghent area of Norfolk as coastal flood warning goes in effect for southeast Virginia
- Trump to Senate: Vote ‘without delay’ on his high court pick
- 16 shot, 2 fatally, at party in Rochester, police say
- Long lines accompany start of early voting in Virginia
- Virginia Sept. 19 COVID-19 update: 953 new cases, 41 news deaths reported after backlog; Hampton Roads percent positivity trends down