LUMBERTON, N.C. (WNCN) — Robeson County deputies need the public’s assistance in locating a 13-year-old facing murder and robbery charges.
Deputies say the juvenile male escaped from the Robeson County Juvenile Court around 12:30 p.m. Tuesday.
The teen was appearing in court for two counts of first-degree murder and robbery with a dangerous weapon charge.
The teen, identified as Jericho W., was last seen wearing a white t-shirt and beige pants, officials said. When last seen at the juvenile courthouse, the juvenile was wearing leg restraints without any shoes.
Deputies say he was last seen in the intersection Hwy 72 and Country Club Road in Lumberton.
He is described as a Native American male with brown eyes and brown hair weighing 110 pounds and standing 5-feet tall.
Anyone with information about the whereabouts the juvenile is asked to call Robeson County Sheriff’s Office at (910) 671-3170 or (910) 671-3100.
- Police make arrest in shooting death of 21-year-old woman on Acorn Street
- Local students design Suffolk’s first set of LOVE life-size letters
- Oysterman files Virginia Supreme Court appeal over pollution in Nansemond River
- Beach family buys home, finds sewer pipe leaking into living room wall
- Police respond to pedestrian-involved crash on Merrimac Trail