NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Norfolk health officials are once again offering free immunizations ahead of the new school year.
The Department of Public Health’s screenings are being offered for kindergartners and rising sixth graders.
Officials say hundreds of students in Norfolk last year were unable to start school on time because they were not up-to-date on their immunizations. This year’s clinics are being offered at two locations:
- Norfolk Public Health Clinic at Southampton
- 830 Southampton Ave., Norfolk, Va. 23510
- Mondays, Tuesdays Wednesdays and Fridays from 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Norfolk Department of Public Health Multi-Service Clinic at Little Creek
- 207 East Little Creek Road, Norfolk, Va. 23505
- Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays from 8:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Officials say parents need to bring a valid photo ID, their child’s immunization record and an insurance card.