No one hurt after kitchen fire in Suffolk

News
Fire - 2-8-18 - South Capital_693476

SUFFOLK, Va. (WAVY) – Firefighters in Suffolk responded to small kitchen fire on Thursday afternoon.

Fire officials say they received the call at 4:35 p.m. for the fire in the 100 block of South Capital Street.

Upon arrival, crews found heavy smoke coming from the kitchen due to a fire on the stove top. The fire was marked under control at 4:49 p.m.

Most of the damage was contained to the kitchen appliances but it did extend to the walls and cabinets.

Two adults and a juvenile were not injured and will not be displaced.

The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

WAVY Twitter Widget

WAVY Facebook