PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) — Naval Medical Center Portsmouth is prohibiting visitors from coming to any of its medical facilities to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
These facilities include the main medical center, branch health clinics, and the emergency department, according to a NMCP Facebook post.
The NMCP will allow one visitor in certain areas of the facility after they undergo an on-site screening. These areas include:
- Labor and Delivery
- Mother Baby Unit
- Pediatric and Neonatal Patients
Medical providers will work with families who have special circumstances, like critically-ill or injured family members, according to NMCP.
Anyone with questions should call (757) 953-5008.
- Good News with Gaskins: January 24
- Multi-vehicle crash on I-264 in Virginia Beach closes all eastbound lanes
- Blog: A Sunday Night Delight; Two Rounds of Rain This Week
- Man steals truck, leads police on pursuit from Chesapeake to North Carolina; police looking for witnesses
- Super Host: Bucs become 1st to play Super Bowl at home