TRUCHAS, N.M. (KRQE) – A Truchas woman has been charged with battery on a healthcare worker after refusing to wear a mask in a medical center waiting area on Dec. 3.
According to a criminal complaint, a police officer was called to La Familia Medical Center in Truchas after Joy Ebel allegedly verbally harassed healthcare workers and coughed into one of their faces.
The complaint states after the third time hospital staff asked her to put a mask on, Ebel stood up, got nose to nose with a healthcare worker, and then coughed into the worker’s face. The worker is now working from home and does not have any symptoms.
Officials say Ebel also coughed into a second healthcare worker’s face. Both workers were wearing PPE.
- Re-learning to breathe: German clinic helps COVID long haulers
- Truck driver arrested in Rhode Island after police find missing teen girl in sleeping compartment
- Vice President Harris sits at counter where Greensboro Four made history
- Crash shuts down portion of Hampton Boulevard in Norfolk
- Virginia Zoo in Norfolk thankful for support and looking to re-open more areas on the property