WASHINGTON (AP) - President Donald Trump says he will present Tiger Woods with the Presidential Medal of Freedom.
Woods won his fifth Masters title Sunday, overcoming personal and professional adversity to once more claim the green jacket.
Trump tweeted Monday that he spoke to Woods and congratulated him on "the great victory" and "to inform him that because of his incredible Success & Comeback in Sports (Golf) and, more importantly, LIFE, I will be presenting him with the PRESIDENTIAL MEDAL OF FREEDOM!"
Trump didn't say when a ceremony will be held. The medal is the nation's highest honor for a civilian.
The president is an avid golfer who played a round with Woods at Trump's golf club in Jupiter, Florida, in February. He watched the Masters from his Virginia golf club on Sunday.
Kenya's Cherono wins men's Boston
Justice Department says it expects to
- Southern Storm Watch: Preparing for upcoming severe weather starting Friday
- In a surprise move, Isle of Wight board kills juvenile justice center proposal
- Trying to get to Something in the Water? Here are transit and parking options
- BLOG: Strong Storms possible Friday night
- Green Beret died during parachute training exercise in Suffolk, officials say
- Historians push to preserve US service members' gravestones in Hampton Roads
- Report: Trump tried to seize control of Mueller probe