The majority of the stores that are closed are in Minnesota and California.
In a statement, Target wrote:
“We are heartbroken by the death of George Floyd and the pain it is causing communities across the country. At this time, we have made the decision to close a number of our stores. We anticipate most stores will be closed temporarily.
Our focus will remain on our team members’ safety and helping our community heal.
We are providing our team members with direct communications updates regarding any store impact where they work. Additionally, team members impacted by store closures will be paid for up to 14 days of scheduled hours during store closures, including COVID-19 premium pay. They will also be able to work at other nearby Target locations.”
There are currently no closed stores listed in Virginia.
For a full, updated list of store closures, click here.
- Police: Man allegedly offers two females money for a sexual act; one was a juvenile
- Dominion Investment Group executive sentenced for $25M investment fraud
- NN Police: Man discharges gun outside home, NNPD negotiators on scene
- Local Boy Scout troop’s equipment stolen twice in two weeks
- Williamsburg Police asking for help finding drivers that may have witnessed fatal crash