The majority of the stores that are closed are in Minnesota and California.
In a statement, Target wrote:
“We are heartbroken by the death of George Floyd and the pain it is causing communities across the country. At this time, we have made the decision to close a number of our stores. We anticipate most stores will be closed temporarily.
Our focus will remain on our team members’ safety and helping our community heal.
We are providing our team members with direct communications updates regarding any store impact where they work. Additionally, team members impacted by store closures will be paid for up to 14 days of scheduled hours during store closures, including COVID-19 premium pay. They will also be able to work at other nearby Target locations.”
There are currently no closed stores listed in Virginia.
For a full, updated list of store closures, click here.
- Connectivity issue affects benchmark testing for some Newport News students Friday
- Coast Guard looking for information on unmanned sailboat on Elizabeth River
- Man sentenced to 37 years for beating man to death in Norfolk, burning down house with him inside
- Jury acquits man of murder, malicious wounding charges in 2019 shooting in Newport News
- Ohio family grateful for pardon from President Trump