Canton, OH (WAVY) — The Pro Football Hall of Fame Game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Dallas Cowboys has been canceled because of the coronavirus pandemic, per ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
This marks the first time the NFL has had to cancel the event, which is the first NFL preseason game of the year. The HOF game was scheduled to be played in Canton, Ohio, on Aug. 6.
The annual HOF enshrinement ceremony has also been postponed, with both the game and ceremony expected to be held in 2021.
The 2020 Hall of Fame class includes:
- Running back Edgerrin James
- Wide receiver Isaac Bruce
- Safety Troy Polamalu
- Safety Steve Atwater
- Offensive guard Steve Hutchinson
- York County responds to fire in apartment complex
- Police investigating shooting on Condor Street in Virginia Beach
- Man shot following dispute at large house party in Virginia Beach, police say
- Congresswoman Luria releases statement on Independence Day
- Missing Ocean View boater found safe with no injuries