SAN DIEGO, Cal. (CNN) — Just the thought of losing your engagement ring is something most women can’t even stomach, but for one San Diego woman, she did stomach it — literally.
After being together for five and a half years, Jenna Evans swallowed the engagement ring her fiance Bobby gave her while she was having a dream she was on a train.
“I was having a dream that we were on a cargo train and it was a dangerous situation and Bobby told me ‘you have to swallow your ring,” Evans said.
Her “007” dream became a real life emergency.
“When I woke up and it was not on my hand, I knew exactly where it was. Where was it? It was in my stomach.”
It was 8 a.m. when the two rushed to urgent care to explain the situation.
Her gastroenterologist suggested an emergency endoscopy.
“I was really happy because I don’t know if I can look at it and appreciate it in the same way if I had to ‘search’ for it,” Evans said, referring to letting nature take its course before searching for her ring.
So she had the endoscopy was reunited with her engagement ring after just a few minutes.
Evans says she now takes her ring off at night just in case.
The couple gets married in Texas in May.
- $1M grant will help renters facing eviction in Greater Williamsburg area
- COVID-19 vaccinations have fallen on hospitals without ‘clear and consistent plan,’ NC Healthcare Association says
- Vaccines near me: Google Maps to show COVID-19 vaccination sites
- Long line for COVID-19 vaccine on first day of phase 1b in Virginia Beach
- Godiva closing all US stores by March 2021