LEXINGTON, Ky. (WLEX) — Kentucky has a worldwide reputation for bourbon, but Sean and Tia Edwards are hoping to bring a new spin to the famous industry.
The Lexington couple are two of the first African-American bourbon distillery owners in Kentucky.
“As we went through the process we found out there were no African American distilleries in the state of Kentucky. There had been no African Americans producing bourbon that weren’t slaves,” says Sean Edwards.
Their company is called Fresh Bourbon Distilling Co., and they plan to build a multimillion-dollar distillery in Lexington.
They have already begun producing their bourbon in Paris, Kentucky, until they can start distilling in their Lexington location.
Read more: http://bit.ly/38PDaTQ
More National News:
- Hospitals overflowing with bodies in US epicenter of virus
- Regulators mull reversing $462M increase in PG&E fire fines
- Astronomers find evidence for a “cosmic homicide”
- Husband hides symptoms to visit wife in maternity ward, Strong Hospital officials say
- EPA making sure disinfectant products are available to use against coronavirus