(WIAT) — It’s National Ice Cream Day! How do you plan on celebrating the sweet foodie holiday?
Its origins are believed to have taken place thousands of years ago when Persians put snow in a bowl with juice. Fast forward, from Neapolitan to chocolate chip cookie dough, there’s no shortage of flavors.
And that’s not all. Ice cream has truly evolved.
You can also get it nitrogen-blasted, hand-rolled, or charcoal-infused.
Share you’re favorite flavors on social media with the hashtag #NationalIceCreamDay.
- Virtual Run in Remembrance kicks off on 14th anniversary of Virginia Tech shooting
- Daunte Wright’s family demands more severe charges for ex-cop charged with manslaughter
- Day of Remembrance: Friday marks 14 years since deadly Virginia Tech mass shooting
- 2 State Police vehicles struck in DUI crash on I-264 in Virginia Beach; no injuries reported
- 2 families displaced after fire on Sail Court in Chesapeake