ORLANDO, Fla. (WESH) -- A Florida man says he made a mistake after admitting to burying a friend in his backyard.
On Sunday, officials with the Orange County Sheriff's Office said a body was found in Greg Palermo's back yard.
Palermo said his friend - who stayed with him off and on - died of a heroin overdose in his home. Palermo said he panicked, and later buried his body.
Police came to the property on a warrant to search his house for drugs. Palermo says officers believed he was making meth in his home, but he denies doing that.
However, it wasn't long before Palermo told the agents searching his home about the body.
"I did it. I made a poor choice should have called 911 Everybody said he was already dead but I still tried to give him CPR for 20 minutes," said Palermo.
Palermo says he has not been arrested for anything, and the Orange County Sheriff's Office has not responded to a request for comment.
Read more: http://bit.ly/2VRBQti
- Southern Storm Watch: Preparing for upcoming severe weather starting Friday
- In a surprise move, Isle of Wight board kills juvenile justice center proposal
- Trying to get to Something in the Water? Here are transit and parking options
- BLOG: Strong Storms possible Friday night
- Green Beret died during parachute training exercise in Suffolk, officials say
- Historians push to preserve US service members' gravestones in Hampton Roads
- Report: Trump tried to seize control of Mueller probe