GERMANTOWN, Tenn. (WMC) — An elementary school in Tennessee is raising money for one of its own staff members after noticing how hard he works… just to get to work.
Robert Reed is a much-loved custodian at Farmington Elementary School in Germantown.
He says he has to catch three buses and walk two miles to get home.
Colleagues took notice of his work ethic and his need, so teacher Elizabeth Malone started a GoFundMe page to raise money for a car.
At last check, the GoFundMe total was up to nearly $28,000.
Read more: http://bit.ly/39PNc7N
More National News:
- Former VB investment advisor, Williamsburg attorney among sentenced in nationwide fraud scheme targeting elderly
- ‘Friday’ actor and comedian Anthony Johnson dies at 55
- Gabby Petito investigation: Florida police search warrant provides new details
- PREVIEW: Ariana Grande electrifies new season of ‘The Voice’
- Paralyzed Missouri officer receives kidney from fellow officer killed in line of duty