GERMANTOWN, Tenn. (WMC) — An elementary school in Tennessee is raising money for one of its own staff members after noticing how hard he works… just to get to work.
Robert Reed is a much-loved custodian at Farmington Elementary School in Germantown.
He says he has to catch three buses and walk two miles to get home.
Colleagues took notice of his work ethic and his need, so teacher Elizabeth Malone started a GoFundMe page to raise money for a car.
At last check, the GoFundMe total was up to nearly $28,000.
Read more: http://bit.ly/39PNc7N
More National News:
- Retired D.C. firefighter dies of COVID-19, family remembers him as a hero
- Virginia’s secretary of finance says future uncertain
- Reports: US agent leads police on high-speed chase in Mexico
- President Trump pledges additional $250B in small business relief, attacks WHO over coronavirus pandemic
- Computer issues at SBA said to hold up small business loans