GERMANTOWN, Tenn. (WMC) — An elementary school in Tennessee is raising money for one of its own staff members after noticing how hard he works… just to get to work.
Robert Reed is a much-loved custodian at Farmington Elementary School in Germantown.
He says he has to catch three buses and walk two miles to get home.
Colleagues took notice of his work ethic and his need, so teacher Elizabeth Malone started a GoFundMe page to raise money for a car.
At last check, the GoFundMe total was up to nearly $28,000.
Read more: http://bit.ly/39PNc7N
More National News:
- Researchers warn of more intense storms this hurricane season
- Surveillance camera captures deadly water tank explosion in California
- ‘Arrow’ star Stephen Amell confirms he was removed from Delta flight after ‘argument’ with wife
- $10,000 treasure hunt underway in the Utah wilderness; weekly clues posted on social media
- Man ‘pulled stingers out’ of girlfriend’s neck when swarm of bees attacked at California strip mall