GERMANTOWN, Tenn. (WMC) — An elementary school in Tennessee is raising money for one of its own staff members after noticing how hard he works… just to get to work.
Robert Reed is a much-loved custodian at Farmington Elementary School in Germantown.
He says he has to catch three buses and walk two miles to get home.
Colleagues took notice of his work ethic and his need, so teacher Elizabeth Malone started a GoFundMe page to raise money for a car.
At last check, the GoFundMe total was up to nearly $28,000.
Read more: http://bit.ly/39PNc7N
More National News:
- Helicopters drop water as ship continues to burn at Naval Base San Diego
- Elvis Presley’s grandson dies at age 27, agent says
- Kelly Preston, actress and wife of John Travolta, dies at 57
- Activists seek to decriminalize ‘magic’ mushrooms in DC
- High Point, NC police swarmed by ‘hostile crowd’ of about 50 after drug bust, police say