GERMANTOWN, Tenn. (WMC) — An elementary school in Tennessee is raising money for one of its own staff members after noticing how hard he works… just to get to work.
Robert Reed is a much-loved custodian at Farmington Elementary School in Germantown.
He says he has to catch three buses and walk two miles to get home.
Colleagues took notice of his work ethic and his need, so teacher Elizabeth Malone started a GoFundMe page to raise money for a car.
At last check, the GoFundMe total was up to nearly $28,000.
Read more: http://bit.ly/39PNc7N
More National News:
- Churchill Downs suspending races after 12 horses die
- Hampton Roads service members competing in 2023 Warrior Games
- Cynthia Weil, Grammy winning lyricist who had hits with husband Barry Mann, dead at 82
- Dave Ramsey being sued for $150 million by former listeners
- Murder suspect remains in Chesapeake jail, charged with killing New Jersey councilwoman