CNN) — The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has linked red onions to a multi-state outbreak of salmonella.
Almost 400 people in 31 states have gotten sick.
Bakersfield, California-based Thompson International, Inc. is the likely source of the infected onions.
The company says it is recalling all varieties of onions due to the risk of cross-contamination.
The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) says the first cases of salmonella were reported between June 19 and July 11.
The FDA is still investigation the outbreak.
- Williamsburg City Council approves demolition, rebuilding of fire station
- T-Mobile facility relocating to Henrico, expected to create 500 new jobs
- Suffolk Tourism releases second Suffolk-themed activity book
- Operation School Supplies: Help every child be ready to learn this fall
- Crews respond to occupied house fire in Nags Head