COLOGNE, Minn. (KARE/NBC News) — Minnesotan Mark Kottke is celebrating the catch of a lifetime.
“I’ve been fishing my whole life, I’ve seen a lot of fish but nothing quite that big,” Kottke says of the muskie he reeled in while ice fishing on Lake Mille Lacs.
After about a 15 minute struggle through a tiny hole in the ice, Kottke was somehow able to maneuver the 54 by 27 inch muskie out of the water without a scratch.
“I basically held on as hard as we could to try to turn the fish to get it swimming the other direction and that’s when we were able to make up a lot of line and fortunately got the fish up as quickly as we could without trying to damage the fish in any way,” Kottke says.
Read more: http://bit.ly/2IgvHSe
Latest National News:
- Newsfeed Now Coronavirus: ‘Facts Not Fear’ morning update – April 9, 2020
- Georgia bar owner removes $3,714 worth of bills stapled to walls to give to unemployed staff
- CarMax to furlough more than 15,000 associates
- Hurry up and wait? Why relief to small businesses has lagged
- Brady: It was ‘just time’ to leave Pats for new challenge