RENO, Nev. (Nexstar) — Police in Reno, Nevada, have released body camera footage of when an officer unintentionally shot a driver after the officer was accidentally hit with a Taser from a fellow law enforcement officer.
The video showing the incident is available on YouTube. CAUTION: The video contains graphic images and language: Click here to see the video.
The Reno Gazette-Journal reports authorities put out the video from the July 26 incident, which led to the driver getting wounded.
The ordeal began when a Washoe County sheriff’s deputy pulled a driver over for reckless driving and called for assistance.
The footage shows a deputy fire his Taser when the driver disobeys commands. The dart misses and hits a Reno police officer in the knee. The officer then fires his weapon, hitting the driver in the arm.
- Man injured in shooting on Broad Street in Portsmouth
- Crews respond to fire on Brandon Boulevard in Virginia Beach
- Overturned vehicle on I-64 in Newport News closes westbound travel lanes
- Officers, family and friends remember late Officer Katie Thyne
- Man dies in shooting on Jefferson Avenue in Newport News