RENO, Nev. (Nexstar) — Police in Reno, Nevada, have released body camera footage of when an officer unintentionally shot a driver after the officer was accidentally hit with a Taser from a fellow law enforcement officer.
The video showing the incident is available on YouTube. CAUTION: The video contains graphic images and language: Click here to see the video.
The Reno Gazette-Journal reports authorities put out the video from the July 26 incident, which led to the driver getting wounded.
The ordeal began when a Washoe County sheriff’s deputy pulled a driver over for reckless driving and called for assistance.
The footage shows a deputy fire his Taser when the driver disobeys commands. The dart misses and hits a Reno police officer in the knee. The officer then fires his weapon, hitting the driver in the arm.
- (VIDEO) Patterson steps up, leads No. 20 Hokies past NC State 45-24
- (VIDEO) Armstrong, Davis help Virginia rally past winless Duke 38-20
- Norfolk family pleads for justice after body of 17-year-old girl found in Newport News
- NC agencies work with FBI to arrest 3 men on firearms, drug-related charges
- ‘She is the female Scalia’: Lawmakers react to President Trump picking Amy Coney Barrett to replace RBG