MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Amazon says it has awarded $10 million to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in Memphis through its AmazonSmile program.
Amazon donates 0.5% of the item purchase price to shoppers’ charity of choice when they shop at smile.amazon.com. Millions of shoppers have choses St. Jude.
St. Jude is the first charity to reach the $10 million mark through the charity, Amazon said.
“We are beyond grateful for the generous spirit of Amazon, which has made possible these innovative programs that make it simple to support charities including St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital,” said Richard C. Shadyac Jr., President and CEO of ALSAC, the fundraising and awareness organization for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
- Multi-vehicle crash on I-264 in Virginia Beach closes all westbound lanes
- Third stimulus checks: Here’s where we stand as February ends
- Off-duty Henrico police officer killed in hit-and-run, suspect still on the loose
- FDA authorizes J&J’s single-dose shot, giving US 3rd COVID-19 vaccine; Virginia expects to receive about 69K doses
- VDH reports 1st case of UK COVID-19 variant in Southwest Virginia region