(CBS/FARS News) — In a unanimous vote, the Iranian parliament has passed a bill that will designate the Pentagon and U.S. military as “terrorist organizations” on Tuesday.
This decision comes days after U.S. armed forces carried out a drone strike near the Baghdad International Airport, killing General Qassem Soleimani. You can read more about that attack here.
The bill also calls for the Iranian government to provide $220 million to Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC). The funds will be used to “reinforce its defense power in vengeance for General Soleimani’s assassination,” according to Iranian state media.
The U.S. declared the IRGC as a foreign terrorist organization back in Apr. 2018.
- VB City Council debates whether to give citizens power to investigate, discipline police officers
- Suffolk City Council to hold special meeting about city assessor candidates
- Portsmouth interim police chief, City Council discuss gun violence, officer shortage in the city
- Virginia Beach schools to return students with disabilities to in-person learning Dec. 1
- Isle of Wight County Schools creates COVID-19 dashboard, reports positive tests for 3 staff and 6 students