VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Naval Air Station Oceana will be doing an aircraft firefighting training Thursday night on the airfield and surrounding area.
The exercise will be from 5 to 8 p.m., U.S. Navy officials said.
The exercise aims to enhance the training and readiness of NAS Oceana’s first responders and emergency services so they can better respond to incidents.
The drill includes live firefighting, which could be visible to the public on London Bridge Road.
- Health officials identify first case of COVID-19 variant in Virginia
- How has the pandemic affected early childhood development? Survey seeks to find out
- Portsmouth Police to hold first-ever ‘State of the Department’ briefing
- Trump impeachment trial: Lawmakers divided on how to proceed
- Texas man caught with loaded gun at Norfolk International Airport