VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Naval Air Station Oceana will be doing an aircraft firefighting training Thursday night on the airfield and surrounding area.
The exercise will be from 5 to 8 p.m., U.S. Navy officials said.
The exercise aims to enhance the training and readiness of NAS Oceana’s first responders and emergency services so they can better respond to incidents.
The drill includes live firefighting, which could be visible to the public on London Bridge Road.
- Halloween treat: Full ‘blue moon’ set to shine
- Is Trump or Biden winning? 5 clues from early voting
- $1,200 direct payments: Americans blame both parties for stimulus check stalemate
- Vice President Mike Pence to visit Elizabeth City Saturday
- US shatters daily COVID record with nearly 100,000 new cases