NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) -- A 22-year-old Navy Sailor assigned to Naval Computer and Telecommunications Area Master Station Atlantic was found dead at Naval Station Norfolk Friday night.
NAVY spokesperson LCDR Ben Tisdale said officials are investigating the circumstances surrounding Information Systems Technician 3rd Class Joshua I. Johnson's death on August 10, however, there are no initial indications of foul play.
“Our hearts go out to the family, friends, and shipmates of Petty Officer Johnson during this extremely difficult time.” said Capt. Jody Grady, Commander, NCTAMS LANT. “Although he is no longer with us, he will not be forgotten.”
Johnson, a Florida native, enlisted in the Navy in 2015. He reported to Norfolk, Va. in January 2016, where the Navy confirms he worked as a Satellite Management Center Technician. He advanced to Petty Officer 3rd Class in December 2016.
Stay with WAVY News 10 for updates on the investigation into his death.
- Police: Teen left dog inside vehicle at Busch Gardens, struck officer
- Public hearings Wednesday and Thursday for HRBT expansion project input
- Exclusive: Man stabbed 8 times near Oceanfront, suspect claims self defense
- Dog rescued from 120-degree car at Norfolk outlet mall
- Teen killed in shooting on Herbert Collins Way in Norfolk; arrest made
- Person shot on Bagnall Road in Norfolk
- Nansemond Indian Nation to celebrate long-awaited federal recognition at 30th pow wow
Virginia Beach Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Norfolk Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Virginia Beach Copyright by WAVY - All rights reserved