NATIONAL (WAVY) — The U.S. Navy announced that its esports team will resume streaming on Twitch.
The Goats & Glory team will start back up on July 31 and will continue outreach and awareness efforts. The temporary pause was to review policies and procedures while making sure guidelines for participating in the space are met.
“Esports provides a platform for people to engage with Sailors and learn more about their experiences and the opportunities the Navy provides, while sharing a mutual passion for gaming,” the Navy said in a statement released on Thursday.
The Navy also said that the team wants to be an integral part of the esports community by streaming, attending events, and participating in tournaments.
“Our esports team is modeled more along the lines of other Navy demonstration teams, such as the Blue Angels or Leapfrogs, in that the purpose is to engage with people from all walks of life. If someone wants to ask a question or learn more about the Navy, we can provide those answers in a forum that is authentic and comfortable,” said Navy officials.
America’s Navy channel on Twitch can be found here.
- Virginia August 7 COVID-19 update: Record 2,015 new cases reported, but health department attributes increase to data lag
- Newsfeed Now: Walmart attack caught on video; Obituary goes viral
- Former NY mayor dies, 2 others hospitalized in food processor explosion
- Man who shot Denver officer and escaped prison in 1974 arrested in New Mexico
- Texas woman blames Trump, ‘selfish’ people for husband’s death from COVID-19 in scathing obit