VIRGINIA (WAVY) — The Department of Defense announced Saturday that an airman with the U.S. Air Force, who was supporting Operation Freedom’s Sentinel, was killed Friday.
The DOD statement released says that Captain Kelliann Leli, 30, of New Jersey, died Nov. 27 in a “non-combat related vehicle incident” at Al Dhafra Air Base, United Arab Emirates.
Leli was assigned to the 60th Healthcare Operations Squadron at Travis Air Force Base in California.
Officials with the department say the cause of the incident is under investigation.
Read the full statement here.
- Virginians are traveling to North Carolina for COVID-19 vaccinations, and they’re receiving them
- North Carolinians wait for unemployment benefits as state, feds implement new law
- With some of NC’s COVID numbers improving, now comes the wait for drops in lagging indicators
- 2 men dead after shooting, crash on Settlers Landing Road in Hampton
- Now you can put Bernie Sanders anywhere, thanks to NYU student’s website