VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — U.S. Coast Guard Cutter Dependable returned to Virginia Beach after a 50-day patrol from Eastport, Maine to Charleston, South Carolina.
During its 50-day voyage, the Dependable conducted more than 30 fishing vessel boardings, more than 50 small boat operations, and also participated in a two-day tactical exercise with the U.S. Navy in the Hampton Roads area.
Having recently celebrated its 50th year in service in November 2018, the Dependable is one of 26 other cutters that are due to be replaced by newer models in the near future.
Latest in the Military:
- 17 sailors, 4 civilians injured as crews battle fire at San Diego-based Navy ship
- US Rep. Luria remembers trusted advisor, confidant who died in auto-pedestrian crash
- Navy cancels 2020 NAS Oceana Air Show due to COVID-19 concerns
- US Navy ship on fire at San Diego base; at least 17 sailors, 4 civilians injured
- US Navy welcomes 1st Black female Tactical Aircraft pilot