UPDATE Jan. 29, 2020: Court records for the Mathews County General District Court indicate charges of abduction, strangulation and assault and battery were dropped against Spriggs in court Jan. 27.
Three charges stemming from October, including stalking, profane language over a public airway and phone: annoying ringing, were continued to March 9.
MATHEWS, Va. (WAVY) — Authorities in Mathews County say they’ve arrested a man wanted in connection to several charges, including abduction, strangulation and assault.
44-year-old Troy Gerald Spriggs was arrested Thursday without incident and is being held at Middle Peninsula Regional Jail with bond denied.
The sheriff’s office said the incident happened last Sunday, but there is no additional information at this time.
- Good News with Gaskins: Feb. 23
- Bernie Sanders to hold rally at Virginia Wesleyan University ahead of Super Tuesday
- Police identify 5 Portsmouth family members killed in crash on Georgia highway
- Italy rushes to contain Europe’s first major virus outbreak
- South Korea put on high alert, Italy battles virus outbreak