NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (WAVY) — A man who was dropped off at a Newport News hospital Wednesday night is being treated for a life-threatening gunshot wounds, police say.
Newport News police said officers were dispatched to the hospital just after 11 p.m. for a walk-in victim who had been shot in the upper body.
Police said the victim, 20-year-old Hampton man, had been taken to the hospital by other people. He was then transferred to another hospital for further treatment.
The circumstances surrounding his injuries were not immediately known. It’s unclear where the man was shot, according to police.
Stay with WAVY.com for the latest developments.