POQUOSON, Va. (WAVY) — Earlier Saturday, the Sheriff’s Office was looking for a man believed to be stealing a package off of a porch in a Poquoson neighborhood.
According to the York-Poquoson Sheriff’s Office, a man was seen on home surveillance footage taking a package off a doorstep in the 200 block of Oakwood Drive on Black Friday.
Deputies later released a statement via Facebook saying that the person took a package that was his, just delivered to the wrong address.
Deputies say the residents who live at the Oakwood Drive home say that they were waiting for a package and believed it was the one removed from the porch.
The York-Poquoson Sheriff’s Office statement says:
“Earlier today we posted a request to identify a subject committing larceny from a porch. The person in the photo reached out to us and after further investigation with the reporting party, we found that there was no package theft and that the package belonged to the subject in the photo.“
“The package was delivered to an incorrect address. The reporting party was expecting a package as well and believed it was their package that was stolen.”
- Immigration advocates ask Biden for humanitarian assistance, clarity for refugees
- More than a dozen Capitol officers sick with COVID-19, report says
- Alleged white supremacist arrested after ankle monitor puts him at Capitol riot
- 3 South Texas congressmen ‘optimistic’ as Biden vows to tackle immigration
- VA House passes bill to keep some pandemic election changes; Republican leader casts doubt on results