YORK COUNTY, Va. (WAVY) — Several York County first responders and agencies responded to a reported water rescue early Sunday morning.
The York-Poquoson Sheriff’s Office stated that the call for the incident came in just before 4:30 a.m. Sunday at the Harwood’s Mill Reservoir on Oriana Road in the Grafton area of York County.
The reservoir is owned by the City of Newport News and is part of the Newport News Waterworks system.
Authorities say a “complete coordinated search of the reservoir occurred including on the ground, on the water, along the shoreline as well as from the air through the use of drones” was made in response to the incident.
As of 3:30 p.m., units have cleared the scene with no further information.
Any information regarding the incident can be directed to the York County Department of Fire and Life Safety at 757-890-3600 or the York-Poquoson Sheriff’s Office at 757-890-3630.
This is breaking news and will be updated.
- Soccer tournament honors Joseph Conner Williams Guido, York student who died in crash after homecoming
- State prison turns away Logan County inmates infected with COVID-19
- NC man pleads guilty to threatening to burn African American church in VB
- DOJ: Chesapeake City Jail inmate sentenced in bribery scheme
- NN Police: Missing 4-year-old found safe, suspect in custody