YORKTOWN, Va. (WAVY) — Deputies from the York-Poquoson Sheriff’s Office are investigating a fatal double shooting that occurred on Sunday night.
At approximately 6:18 p.m., deputies responded to reports of a shooting in the Coventry area of York County.
Upon arrival, two subjects were found inside a residence, both with gunshot wounds. One of which was a male pronounced dead on scene, and the other a female who was transported to a nearby Riverside Regional Hospital.
According to officials, the female passed away shortly after transportation.
Police believe this was the result of a domestic dispute. Officials report that the public is not in danger. Police have confirmed that one of the people died by suicide. Police have declined to release the names of the two people who have died.
This is a breaking news story and more information will be released as it becomes available.
- Widespread damage reported in Chicago after night of looting
- Sources: Big Ten, other top conferences meeting to decide fate of 2020 college football season
- Fire damages home of TV host Rachael Ray
- Former WWE wrestler Kamala dies from COVID-19
- Newport News offers two new small business COVID-19 relief grant programs