YORK COUNTY, Va. (WAVY) — A day after members of the York- Poquoson Sheriff’s Office say a body was found behind Tabb Library, authorities arrested two men in connection to the incident.
Officials from the York-Poquoson Sheriff’s office say the case of the death investigation reportedly originated in Norfolk and revealed that the body was not a resident of York County.
In the joint efforts of the York-Poquoson Sheriff’s office and Norfolk Police along with tips from residents, two men, identified as Robert Carroll and Kevin Dunn, were arrested and charged with unlawful disposal of a body.
Norfolk Police also put out a news release Tuesday saying Carroll is facing additional charges including strangulation of another and prohibition against concealment of a dead body.
Neither of the suspects are residents of York County.
Both of the men are being held at Norfolk City Hail without bond.
The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner will determine the official cause and manner of death.
No further information regarding the identity of the body has been released. The victim’s identity will be released once next of kin is notified.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP (1-888-562-5887) or submit a tip online.
This is breaking news and will be updated.
- NCDOT, NCDHHS announce additional funding to provide transit rides to, from COVID-19 vaccine sites
- First Colonial girls hoops cancels season, other VB high school teams in pause due to positive virus tests
- Western Tidewater Health District enters phase 1b of COVID-19 vaccination campaign
- Latest on local pharmacy plans to administer COVID-19 vaccine; plus Rite Aid expands testing
- Local artists are ‘Living LARGE’ in the new year at Suffolk Center