YORK COUNTY, Va. (WAVY) — The York-Poquoson Sheriff’s Office is investigating after gunfire was reported at the basketball courts at Tabb Middle School Friday.
Dispatchers said the call came in around 4:38 p.m. reporting a shooting with someone possibly injured in the 300 block of Yorktown Road.
However, sheriff’s office spokeswoman Shelley Ward said no victims had been located as of 6 p.m.
The school was closed at the time of the incident, so a lockdown was not needed.
The sheriff’s office said it will release additional information as it’s available.
Those with information should call the FB Tip Line at 757-890-4999 or the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- In-home daycare operator in Norfolk charged with murder in 2-year-old girl’s death
- Should you be wearing two masks? Here’s what Dr. Fauci says
- World surpasses 100M confirmed COVID-19 cases
- Gov. Northam to hold briefing Wednesday with update on Virginia’s COVID-19 vaccine rollout
- NC COVID-19 Jan. 26 update: Nearly 4K new cases reported, over 3,300 currently hospitalized, positivity rate rises to 13.3%