YORK COUNTY, Va. (WAVY) — York County fire officials say a resident sustained minor injuries after a kitchen fire Monday evening.
Fire officials said a call came in just before 7 p.m. Monday for a kitchen fire in the 400 block of Burnham Road.
Firefighters arrived to find light smoke coming from the house. They located the fire in the kitchen and were able to put it out.
The resident’s injuries are minor and not considered life-threatening, but he was taken to a local hospital.
The home has minor dmanage.
Fire crews from James City County and Williamsburg responded to assist at the scene.
- Border Patrol Chief Rodney Scott — border wall champion — to step down, will be reassigned
- Officials: Possible rabid fox found in Cheshire Forest
- Inaugural Suffolk Pride celebration hopes to unite community, raise funds for local LGBTQ center
- Chesapeake and VB named to 2021 Best- Run Cities in America list
- Myrtle Beach, SC advertising agency spreads word about missing Summer Wells with 20 billboards