YORK COUNTY, Va. (WAVY) — York County fire officials say a resident sustained minor injuries after a kitchen fire Monday evening.
Fire officials said a call came in just before 7 p.m. Monday for a kitchen fire in the 400 block of Burnham Road.
Firefighters arrived to find light smoke coming from the house. They located the fire in the kitchen and were able to put it out.
The resident’s injuries are minor and not considered life-threatening, but he was taken to a local hospital.
The home has minor dmanage.
Fire crews from James City County and Williamsburg responded to assist at the scene.
- Destination Vacation heading to Fork Shoals, South Carolina
- West Virginia soldier’s surprise return brings his family to tears
- Drug addicts are being enticed to commit murder for $150, Chihuahua AG says
- Ironman triathlete urges fellow COVID-19 survivors to donate life-saving plasma
- North Myrtle Beach sea turtle patrol finds more than 100 dead hatchlings after hurricane