YORK COUNTY, Va. (WAVY) — A kitten was rescued when the Virginia Department of Transportation was on a routine project inspection Tuesday morning.
According to a tweet from VDOT, a kitten was rescued by Mellony Fisher from the top of a drop inlet within the construction site at the I-64 Widening Segment II Project in York County.
The kitten appeared to be unharmed.
- BLOG: Isaias brings tornadoes, wind and rain to our area
- Damage: Photos, videos of Hurricane Isaias flooding and damage in Myrtle Beach area
- Structure fires in Ocean Isle Beach after Isaias landfall
- Damage reported throughout Suffolk after possible tornado, King’s Fork High in Suffolk opened as emergency shelter
- Isaias live updates: Storm damage, throughout Hampton Roads, 100K-plus without power