YORK COUNTY, Va. (WAVY) — One person is dead and another is in custody following a “domestic-related” shooting on Penniman Road in York County Friday night.
The York-Poquoson Sheriff’s Office responded to a report of a shooting around 8:30 p.m. Friday at a home in the 1200 block of Penniman Road in York County.
The sheriff’s office says a woman, later identified as Princess Chapman, died at the home.
Authorities also took a man into custody at the residence, later identified as 58-year-old Brian Keith Patterson.
Officials released that Chapman and Patterson were married.
Patterson was arrested on charges of second-degree murder and using a firearm in commission of a felony. Patterson was taken to Virginia Peninsula Regional Jail and held without bond.
The sheriff’s office said this was believed to be a “domestic-related incident.”
“This has is a devastating tragedy to this community and to our County. Our thoughts and prayers are with their family, friends and neighbors,” the sheriff’s office posted on Facebook.
- Local responses on death of George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor
- Prosecutors say there isn’t enough evidence against man in alleged murder of twin brother
- Richmond Mayor Stoney marches with demonstrators after apology over tear gas Tuesday afternoon
- U.S. farmers just can’t catch a break in 2020
- Virginia Zoo tops $40k in donations, asks for more help