YORK COUNTY, Va. (WAVY) — One person is dead and another is in custody following a “domestic-related” shooting on Penniman Road in York County Friday night.
The York-Poquoson Sheriff’s Office responded to a report of a shooting around 8:30 p.m. Friday at a home in the 1200 block of Penniman Road in York County.
The sheriff’s office says a woman, later identified as Princess Chapman, died at the home.
Authorities also took a man into custody at the residence, later identified as 58-year-old Brian Keith Patterson.
Officials released that Chapman and Patterson were married.
Patterson was arrested on charges of second-degree murder and using a firearm in commission of a felony. Patterson was taken to Virginia Peninsula Regional Jail and held without bond.
The sheriff’s office said this was believed to be a “domestic-related incident.”
“This has is a devastating tragedy to this community and to our County. Our thoughts and prayers are with their family, friends and neighbors,” the sheriff’s office posted on Facebook.
- Pritzker bans indoor bar, restaurant service in Chicago suburbs
- Northampton County authorities investigating homicide Tuesday
- Pixie post: Fairy letters offer advice, respite in Norfolk
- Virginia Living Museum invites guests for Oyster Roast To-Go
- ‘No Hit Zone’: A safe place during pandemic stress