YORKTOWN, Va. (WAVY) — On Wednesday, Colonial National Historical Park announced changes to entrance fees to provide additional funding for infrastructure and maintenance needs.
According to park officials, those fees to the park will increase from $10 to $15 per person for ages 16 and over. Ages 15 and under will remain free.
The entrance fee is valid for seven days and provides access to the following resources managed by Colonial National Historical Park:
- Yorktown Visitor Center and Battlefield Tour Roads
- Jamestown Visitor Center
- Jamestown Island Drive Tour Road
An annual Colonial National Historical Park pass will increase from $40 to $45. The annual park pass provides unlimited admittance for a passholder and up to 3 accompanying guests.
The new pricing starts Jan. 21, 2021.
All of the money received from entrance fees remains with the National Park Service.
Stay with WAVY.com for more local news updates.
- Lawsuit: Windsor police officers threatened man and his career during traffic stop
- Want to buy a house? These days, the trick is finding or affording one
- 15-year-old NC high school football player dies after Durham weekend shooting
- Black-owned California beachfront seized 100 years ago could be returned to owners’ descendants
- 3M sues Florida company over sale of fake N95 masks