WILLIAMSBURG, Va. (WAVY) — Williamsburg Drug Company is now offering COVID-19 antibody tests to help assess a person’s exposure to the virus.
Set up by the California-based biotechnology company Vibrant America, the antibody test looks for specific antibodies and 4 viral antigens of COVID-19.
According to the Centers for Disease Control, “Antibody blood tests, also called serologic tests, check your blood for antibodies that would show if you have had a previous infection.”
It is NOT a test for those who are currently ill, but rather a test to determine if you were exposed to COVID-19 at some point.
Residents who are currently ill are advised to allow 14 days after symptoms have resolved before making an appointment.
The catch? Well, the antibody test costs $200 and is not covered by insurance. Williamsburg Drug Company officials say the cost was set up by Vibrant America and has no hidden fees.
If you think you had COVID-19 or are interested in immunity against it, you can call WDCo at (757) 229-3560 to set up a blood draw appointment. Results are made available after 48-72 hours.
- Suffolk City Council to hold special meeting about city assessor candidates
- Portsmouth interim police chief, City Council discuss gun violence, officer shortage in the city
- Virginia Beach schools to return students with disabilities to in-person learning Dec. 1
- Isle of Wight County Schools creates COVID-19 dashboard, reports positive tests for 3 staff and 6 students
- VDOT holds virtual information session on Wythe Creek Road widening project