WILLIAMSBURG, Va. (WAVY) — The Williamsburg Area Transit Authority says they are now offering fare-free rides to the polls.
Early voting in Virginia is being held from September 18 until October 31. WATA officials say they will also offer the same free service for in-person voting on Tuesday, November 3.
Early voting locations in the area are:
Williamsburg: City Municipal Building, 401 Lafayette St. Williamsburg, VA 23185 (multiple routes converge at the city’s transportation ctr.)
James City County: James City County Recreation Center, 5301 Longhill Rd, Williamsburg, VA 23188 (route 4 passes this polling location. route 5 will detour to a polling place during the early voting period.)
York County: Voter Registrar’s Office, 6614 Mooretown Sd, Suite A, Williamsburg VA 23188 (route 7 passes this polling location.)
- Virginia Oct. 31 COVID-19 update: Over 1,550 new cases reported, daily percent positivity rate rises in Hampton Roads
- Halloween treat: Full ‘blue moon’ set to shine
- Is Trump or Biden winning? 5 clues from early voting
- $1,200 direct payments: Americans blame both parties for stimulus check stalemate
- Vice President Mike Pence to visit Elizabeth City Saturday