WILLIAMSBURG, Va. (WAVY) — The Williamsburg Area Transit Authority says they are now offering fare-free rides to the polls.
Early voting in Virginia is being held from September 18 until October 31. WATA officials say they will also offer the same free service for in-person voting on Tuesday, November 3.
Early voting locations in the area are:
Williamsburg: City Municipal Building, 401 Lafayette St. Williamsburg, VA 23185 (multiple routes converge at the city’s transportation ctr.)
James City County: James City County Recreation Center, 5301 Longhill Rd, Williamsburg, VA 23188 (route 4 passes this polling location. route 5 will detour to a polling place during the early voting period.)
York County: Voter Registrar’s Office, 6614 Mooretown Sd, Suite A, Williamsburg VA 23188 (route 7 passes this polling location.)
- What the Trump children might do after the White House
- Will the Capitol rioters receive a pardon from President Trump?
- Costella Williams selected to serve on Portsmouth School Board in interim position
- Hampton University alums play key roles in Inauguration Day
- From Scranton to Pennsylvania Avenue: Joe Biden’s story