WILLIAMSBURG, Va. (WAVY) — On Friday, the City of Williamsburg announced the Municipal Utility Relief Program to help residents and small-business owners facing past-due water and sewer bills.
The program aims to help those with outstanding bills from March 1, 2020 through Dec. 31, 2021 due to issues surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic.
Funds, available by application, will be used to provide direct assistance to customer accounts over 30 days in arrears during the covered period; however, the grant prioritizes assistance to customers with accounts more than 60 days in arrears.
City officials say funds can only be awarded once per household or once per account holder/their successors for non-residential accounts.
- Water Rates (Effective July 1, 2021)
- In City: $5.30 per 1,000 gallons
- Outside City: $6.36 per 1,000 gallon
- Sewer Rates (Effective July 1, 2021)
- City collects Hampton Roads Sanitation District (HRSD) (treatment) rate: $8.54 per 1,000 gallons
- No separate City sewer rate