WILLIAMSBURG, Va. (WAVY) — The Williamsburg Area Transit Authority announced it will be closed for cleaning and plans to cancel the William and Mary bus route due to the coronavirus.
WATA will be closed Sunday, March 22 for extensive cleaning and sanitization. This includes all offices, buses, paratransit, vehicles, and dispatch center.
Normal operations will resume on Monday, March 23 at 6 a.m.
The transit company also stated via Facebook that on March 25, the university’s Route 8 bus will temporarily stop running after the remaining William & Mary students have left the campus.
The WATA is the only public transit authority in Virginia that provides bus, ADA services to Williamsburg, York, Surry, and James City county.
- More monoliths materialize around the world … as memes
- Activists organizing vehicle caravan to call for immigration reform, suspension of deportations
- US House passes bill that would prohibit public contact with big cats, like tigers
- Playbook | End of ACC’s regular season begins with bowls starting to cancel
- DHS nominee vows administration will ‘roll up sleeves’ and reform immigration on Day 1