WILLIAMSBURG, Va. (WAVY) — Busch Gardens has announced another special, limited-capacity event “Taste of Busch Gardens” expected to begin next month.
The event runs every Wednesday through Sunday from September 2 until September 27, including Labor Day. Guests can select a reservation window to visit as they enjoy six villages, 15 food selections, and over 30 wine and beer tastings along with rides and special entertainment.
“Sip, sample, and soar at this limited-capacity special event. Select areas of the park will be open so there is plenty of room to safely enjoy specialty food and drinks as you stroll through our 6 charming villages. Also, play the day away on the thrills & chills of some of our most popular rides,” park officials said in a statement released.
Roller coasters and rides include Finnegan’s Flyer®, Griffon®, InvadR®, lpengeist®, and Verbolten®. Guests can also check out the log flume ride, a high flying Screamin’ Swing, or visit Busch Garden’s famous Clydesdales, wolves and eagles.
Villages that will be open include Rhinefeld, Oktoberfest, Scotland, Ireland, France, and New France.
Food and beverage options include, but are not limited to:
- Best of Food & Wine Festival – Offerings include Bangers & Colcannon, Gamba Fritters, Mushi-Gyoza, and Hibiscus Lemonade
- The Brew Bar – A variety of beers and a Charcuterie plate will be on tap at this location.
- ‘Old Country’ Fries – Menu includes an array of golden French fry servings from around the world complete with Italian, English, and Irish toppings complemented with cold draft beer selections.
- Decadent Delights – Sweet offerings include Beignets, a Cookie Dough Cone, Cannoli’s, alcoholic and non-alcoholic specialty drinks.
- Chef’s Choice – A variety of favorites including Steak Chimichurri, Jerk Chicken Slider, Risotto and specialty drinks.
- Other offerings for drinks and desserts – Loukamades fried donuts, wine tastings, craft beers and a Sangria Garden featuring flavors like Red, Citrus Moscato and Strawberry. Tastings require an additional fee.
“Coming off of our very successful Coasters & Craft Brews event, the Taste of Busch Gardens is another way for us to provide our guests with a unique experience sure to create long-lasting memories while operating with enhanced health and safety measures in place,” said Kevin Lembke, president of Busch Gardens Williamsburg.
“We’re adding even more coasters and rides for the entire family. The combination of world-class coasters and rides paired with a menu of brand new culinary offerings will make for an amazing experience that only Busch Gardens can provide.”
Reservation windows include Wednesdays and Thursdays from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. or Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and Labor Day from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and again from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Tickets run $44.99 to $92.99 and information can be found here.
Sold out dates may change so check back periodically.
In compliance with Virginia’s phase 3 safety guidelines for reopening businesses, Taste of Busch Gardens will operate with enhanced health and safety protocols for cleaning and sanitizing, physical distancing, face-covering requirements, and temperature screenings.
Special event capacity will be extremely limited to create ample space for guests to enjoy their experience while maintaining physical distancing in a safe environment.
For more information, click here.
- Carhartt recalls work pants over fall hazard
- Why ‘swatting’ calls to US schools are becoming a big concern
- NAACP voices concern over new Virginia curfew bill set to go into effect in July
- Review: The 2023 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro sports an aftermarket vibe
- Greenville’s MrBeast rewards server with new car as her tip