WILLIAMSBURG, Va. (WAVY) — Police in Williamsburg are investigating what lead up to a vehicle damaging a utility pole Wednesday morning.
Around 9 a.m., emergency crews responded to the area of Bypass Road between Parkway Drive and Capitol Landing Road for the crash involving a vehicle.
Once on the scene, police say they learned the vehicle ran off the road and struck a transformer pole creating a “minor hazardous material situation.”
No one was injured in the crash.
The incident closed Bypass Road, between Parkway Drive and Capitol Landing Road, for about twelve hours as of noon on Wednesday.
Stay with WAVY.com for more local news updates.
- Pelosi endorses Terry McAuliffe for Virginia governor
- Hampton man arrested after shooting on Blackwater Lane
- Live: What else is in Biden’s $1.9T coronavirus plan?
- Virginia Jan. 15 COVID-19 update: 4,795 new cases, 30 new deaths; Virginia adds more people to 1b vaccinations
- Ball security at the top of the list for Bills offense vs. Ravens