NEW KENT, Va. (WAVY) — A Williamsburg man died Monday in a single-vehicle crash on Interstate 64 in New Kent County.
Virginia State Police have identified the man as Kevin Michael Bryant, 39, of Williamsburg.
State police say they responded to the crash around 6:45 p.m. Monday at the 205 mile-marker on I-64.
The 2008 Chevrolet Impala driven by Bryant was traveling east when a tree from the median fell and struck his vehicle.
Bryant died at the scene. He was wearing a seatbelt.
The crash remains under investigation, police said.
Correction: Virginia State Police’s initial news release gave an incorrect name for the victim. It has been corrected to Kevin Michael Bryant.
- Virginia has 9th highest number of new COVID-19 cases per capita, White House report shows
- Biden to reopen ACA insurance exchanges, sign health care orders
- Blog: A Snowy Morning. Now Comes The Strong/Cold Wind!
- NC State shakes off Daniels injury, snap losing streak in win over Wake Forest
- US secures indictment against Oath Keeper members over plot to storm US Capitol