NEW KENT, Va. (WAVY) — A Williamsburg man died Monday in a single-vehicle crash on Interstate 64 in New Kent County.
Virginia State Police have identified the man as Kevin Michael Bryant, 39, of Williamsburg.
State police say they responded to the crash around 6:45 p.m. Monday at the 205 mile-marker on I-64.
The 2008 Chevrolet Impala driven by Bryant was traveling east when a tree from the median fell and struck his vehicle.
Bryant died at the scene. He was wearing a seatbelt.
The crash remains under investigation, police said.
Correction: Virginia State Police’s initial news release gave an incorrect name for the victim. It has been corrected to Kevin Michael Bryant.
- Edenton Police arrest man for allegedly driving stolen car
- Animal Resources of Tidewater receives $33,000 grant from William H. Donner Foundation
- North Carolina man sentenced for his part in a ‘family-run’ drug trafficking organization
- Tampa Bay Lightning beats Dallas Stars to win Stanley Cup in Game 6
- Floridians react to the lifting of state coronavirus restrictions