YORK COUNTY, Va. (WAVY) — A North Carolina man has been charged with forcible sodomy after an alleged sexual assault in York County back in April.
The York-Poquoson Sheriff’s Office says Havelock, North Carolina resident Fredrick Angoco, 39, was taken into custody on Sept. 3 by the Havelock Police Department, and was transported to the Virginia Peninsula Regional Jail on Thursday.
On August 3, the victim, a 21-year-old man also from North Carolina, reported the incident to the Williamsburg Police Department. The incident allegedly happened in York County on April 13 in the 500 block of Merrimac Trail.
Angoco is an employee at Craven County Schools, but is currently suspended as of August 17. The school district didn’t comment further.
No other details are available at this time, but WAVY is working to gather more details in the case.
- Police: 12-year-old child suffers injuries following overnight shooting in Norfolk
- Following the Funds: Who has donated to presidential candidates in Hampton Roads?
- East Beach neighborhood in Norfolk sees string of mail thefts
- 3 dead, woman seriously injured in crash on East Princess Anne Road
- 50 million and counting: 11 days out, early voting in 2020 surpasses 2016 total