WILLIAMSBURG, Va. (WAVY) – A multi-vehicle accident has closed all westbound lanes on I-64 in Williamsburg early Sunday afternoon.
In a tweet sent out by VDOT around 12:15 p.m., officials stated that the accident happened near mile marker 238 in Williamsburg near Camp Peary.
Officials warn motorists to expect major delays following the accident.
No further information have been released regarding the accident.
Moments following the initial accident, officials say another one happened at mile 242 on I-64 near colonial Parkway.
Initial investigation revealed the accident involved a tractor-trailer. No further information have been released.
At around 1:20 p.m., officials say the west left shoulder, right lane, and right shoulder have been closed to traffic.
Stay on WAVY.com for the latest updates.
- Local dialysis patients increasingly concerned as pandemic spreads
- Dr. Fauci: ‘We need to put our foot on the accelerator’ to see an end to COVID-19 pandemic
- Georgia senator sends private jet to bring stranded Florida cruise ship passengers home
- Concerns about housing crisis after coronavirus
- Reports: US agent leads police on high-speed chase in Mexico